Links to this policy are available on all company Web sites.
I. Usage of the Site and its Services
You may be required to register in order to be granted access to certain information, services and/or products at this Site. At the time of registration, you may be prompted by one of our online forms to provide certain personal information to us, including your name, email address, and postal address.
III. Use of Your Personal Information
The personal information that you provide to us may be stored, processed, and used by The Company, its partners, and its affiliates for any or all of the following purposes:
- to provide information about our company, products, and/or services, including updates, notifications, and details of any educational courses or offerings;
- to assist us in improving our products, services, or the content of this Site;
- to respond to customer or technical support inquiries;
- to make this Site or service easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information or by customizing this Site or service to your particular interests or preferences;
- to analyze information for trends and statistics;
- to contact you to participate in a market research survey, so that we can gauge customer satisfaction and develop better products.
We may also provide this information to an agent acting on The Company’s behalf in connection with the activities described above.
The Company partners with other organizations to develop, deliver, and support continuing education services (“CE”). As part of the normal operation of these partnerships, The Company may be requested or required to obtain specific personal information to meet the needs or requirements of its partner organizations. The Company will only provide those companies the personal information necessary to satisfy those requirements; any such personal information shall be subject to the third-party companies’ privacy policies.
You also hereby grant to The Company a perpetual, non-cancelable, worldwide, non-exclusive right to utilize any data that arises from the use of this Site by you for any legitimate business purpose, including the right to sublicense such data to third parties, subject to all legal restrictions regarding the use and disclosure of such information.
Except as described above, The Company will not sell, rent, or in any way intentionally disclose personal information that you provide to us on this Site to any third party (other than an agent acting on our behalf as described above), unless:
- The Company is required to do so by law, regulation, warrant, subpoena or court order;
- or such disclosure is part of a sale or transfer of all (or substantially all) of the assets or stock of The Company or one or more of its divisions or affiliates.
V. Children's Privacy
The Company’s Sites, software, and services do not target, and are not structured to attract, individuals under the age of 18 (“children,” “a child”). PESG/AffinityCE does not knowingly collect any registration information from children. If PESG/AffinityCE discovers personal data from a child, those data will be permanently deleted.
VI. Information Collected by This Site
Regarding visitors to our Site:
- We collect aggregate information on what pages are visited in order to assess and improve the content of our Site.
- Military users only: we may collect Department of Defense-specific personal and professional information for the purpose of identifying and tracking learning activities into military data systems, strictly on an as-necessary and voluntary basis.
- Our Web server does not automatically recognize information regarding individual users, e.g., e-mail address, domain name or IP address.
- We disclose information that we in good faith believe is appropriate to cooperate in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity, or to conduct investigations of violations of institutional policies.
- We disclose information when required or authorized by applicable law.
Registered users of PESG/AffinityCE activities:
- As a provider of online CE services, we electronically collect certain information required by certifying authorities, accrediting bodies, licensing boards, or governmental agencies. We store this information on our servers. In the online medium, detailed affirmation of a users' identity and their actions while using our Site is necessary to verify the legitimacy of course participants.
- The Site utilizes industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of information under its control. While there is no such thing as absolute security on the Internet, we will take reasonable and prudent steps to promote the security of the personally identifiable information that you provide.
- We do not share registrant information with third parties, except as described herein, when allowed or required by applicable law, or with your permission.
- We may ask participants to complete a knowledge test as part of a CE activity in order to provide feedback concerning the participant’s understanding of the content.
- We ask participants to evaluate continuing education activities in order to improve these and future activities.
- We may require participants to complete an overall activity evaluation as a condition of receiving continuing education credits (i.e., “CEUs,” “contact hours,” and other similar terms used by accrediting bodies to describe units of educational learning) for activities.
- Except where specifically identified otherwise, participants’ e-mail addresses are used as unique identifiers to access Company products and services. If you want to change your unique identifier after registering on the Site, you can use the Site’s user profile section to do so; or you can contact us to change it. (See contact information below.)
- Participant e-mail addresses are also collected to provide correspondence necessary for fulfilling customer requests.
- Other Uses or Disclosures of Information
- To check on potential verification problems, e.g., duplicate registration for the same activity.
- To ask for more detail about information you have provided, e.g., on your suggestions for improvements.
- To inform you that additional continuing education activities are now available at our site, if you requested this notification.
We may use the information you provide to contact you:
PESG/AffinityCE is the sole owner of the information collected on this Web site.
The Site may contain links to Web sites controlled or offered by third parties (non-Company individuals and organizations). PESG/AffinityCE hereby disclaims liability for any information, materials, products, or services posted or offered at any of the third-party sites linked to this Web site. By creating a link to a third-party Web site, The Company does not endorse or recommend any products or services offered or information contained at that Web site; nor is The Company or its employees, management, and/or contractors liable for any failure or products of services offered or advertised at those sites. Such third parties may have privacy policies different from that of The Company. Third-party Web sites may provide less security than PESG/AffinityCE sites.
Site activities are not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
X. Additional Terms
Certain sections or pages on the Site may contain separate terms and conditions, which are in addition to these terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict, the additional terms and conditions will govern for those sections or pages.
XI. Governing Law
This policy and use of the Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the other provisions and shall not affect the validity of the other provisions.
XII. Security of Information
To protect the privacy of personal information provided by you, PESG/AffinityCE employs industry-standard controls including physical access controls, Internet firewalls, intrusion detection, and network monitoring. Additionally, only authorized administrators and staff have access to systems containing such information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords regularly; use pass phrases instead of passwords whenever possible; use a combination of upper- and lowercase letters, numbers, and punctuation marks in your passwords and pass phrases; and make sure you use a secure browser.
XIII. Contact Information